Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Thistle Skills

The title is a little joke for my family, and those who knew me as a youngster.

I got back to site last Sunday and discovered that my poor garden had been completely overgrown with weeds.  The next morning I pulled weeds for three hours and cleared them all out.  Thus, the skills I learned when I was younger were put to good use.  I have some before and after pics, but I need a faster internet/a good batch process program.  I think I'll probably send some pictures to the states at some point.  I've started sorting them into folders that someone with a faster internet will be able to easily use and post online.

Other than that this past week passed sort of slowly; that is to say that the week went pretty quick, but the individual days were extremely slow.  I've been very anxious to get to In Service Training and see my friends and eat delicious food that doesn't have to be prepared or bought by me.  I've noticed that time is a strange thing here.  Days can be so, so slow, and then a week will be gone before I even realized the day is done.  The last two months have gone by really quick looking back, but there were times during that I couldn't believe that it was still Tuesday for seemed like the fifth day in a row.

One of my friends in Colorado (Karen) sent me a guitar book with bunches of songs, and I got that last week so that helped pass the time this past week.  Thanks Karen!!  I'm excited to get to Bamako tomorrow, and I am running a half marathon Monday morning with only Peace Corps volunteers.  That should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment