Saturday, February 11, 2012

Images from the first year - part one

These photos are also a bit chaotic.
My Bambara teachers Labassy and Claudine in my training village.


Obama clothes are everywhere.

My host mom from my training village, Awa.

My training village host family and me.

Swear in!! Me and Suzie.

Typical Regis.

The President of Mali, A.T.T. (I only know his initials).

Country Director

Randy doing a speech in the Donoso language.

George doing a speech in Bambara.

ATT at swear in.




Me and Suzie post ceremony.


Me and Thera

Me and Michaela.


Me and Regis

My house in April 2011, and the fence I had just built for my garden.

The inside of my garden...pre-anything.

Running with my "Africa tree" in the background. (Yes I took a picture of myself).
Some dance when I first showed up in village.

Happiness...




Sunset over my village.
Some picture of the falls at Woroni May 2011.






Not quick enough. Tim, Me, and Joanne.
Made it this time.

Lots of people.

Back row (L to R): Roger, Tim, Jenny, Lauren, Delissa, Joanne.
Front row: Me, Elizabeth, Jess, Hannah
Literacy class with my counterpart.



My counterpart, Siaka, lounging in a chair.

Arouna and me outside my house April 2011.

Typical day when I first showed up at site.

Garden after a week of no week pulling in May (I was in Bamako with malaria).

...Three hours later.

Sunset at village.

Truck stop in Kati.

Free hotel room in Kita with Thera.

The streets of Kita in the morning.


Hmmm... They only sell drinks. (Kita)

The road to Manantali with Thera.
The river at Manantali at sunset with Bethany and Thera.




And me!!



Some fishermen at Manantali.
The dam at Manantali:


The fish truck leaving Manantali with Thera and Cecilia.


In addition to being very clean, we definitely did not smell like fish after this ride.


Post Fish Truck

Riding home... or rather standing on the side of the road on the way home.

Nice bird.

Another nice bird outside my house.


Dogon Country.


This is one lucky volunteer's site in Dogon.

The cliff dwellings of Dogon:


Sandstorm coming in!!

3 minutes later... I wonder why my camera is broken....
Waterfall post thunderstorm in Dogon country.


with suzie!

Suzie and Thera crossing the flashflood.

Thera almost across.

Camping in the cliffs.


Thera and Suzie on top of the cliffs of Dogon.

Me, Suzie, and Thera looking out at Dogon country.

The same waterfall from above, but the day after the rainstorm...Pretty much the same I'd say.

1 comment: