Friday, November 23, 2012

Just a few more mtn pics and leaving homestay

I see there have been some pretty tricky people who have found my blog, and are giving it traffic which is okay but it means I may not be able to get the real story out due to possible reading by PC people.  I mean, obviousy, I always do exactly what I should do.

Today, we finished up our training with our families and left Chautara.  I was sure my host father would not cry because he is a big figure and the local politician, but no, he produced quite a bit of waterworks.  It is always tough to watch grown people cry.  Some of the volunteers were also pretty emotional, but every managed to survive the goodbyes.  I guess goodbyes aren't as hard for me.  I liked my family a lot, but I didn't have trouble saying goodbye.  Maybe the difficulty of evacking from Mali numbed me a bit to departures.

Anyways, I don't have much to say, just some photos of the last few days and some nice Alpenglow.

The view from Chautara


Cooking some Cabbage with lemon (Yum!)

Lisa's two host sisters cooking some Roti

The mean Lisa and I made with our host family

Grandma making flower necklace's (Mala)

My Extended Host Family

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, my site's link to your blog got quite a few hits yesterday. Thats a damn sexy picture of you btw.

    ReplyDelete