Friday, March 22, 2013

Funny, funny (looking back)

The other day I had an...episode  I guess you could call it.  For the past week or so I've been sort of frustrated about I have no idea what, but nontheless the feeling was there.  I had been sort a pretty big Mr. Grumpypants for a while, and a bunch of 10th graders were staying at my house to take their end of 10th year exams.  They were all very nice, but still just added some stress.  Anyways, my friend got an iPhone from her brother in the UK and was having some trouble with it.  I kept telling her that she needed a 3G sim card to get it to work, but she insisted that she didn't.  Okay, well that was that I thought.
Nope.
She talked to people and got the internet turned on so the phone technically had access to internet, but normal cell signal is way too slow to run any smartphone apps.  So she came to me again and was like, it has internet signal but is still not working.  At the moment, I didn't have the patience to try to figure out how to explain the difference in signal speeds, so I just said, "Yeah, you need a 3G card."  And again she started arguing about it, and I kept repeating that you need a 3G card while getting super frustrated so my voice kept getting louder.  Then another guy came in and she basically just started telling him about our argument and how much of an idiot I am because cell signal is cell signal.  So I just yelled, "ahhhh!!!" and then had an extremely strong urge to be out of the house before I exploded, so I turned around and went running out of the house.

As I went running out of the house my flip flops went flying off, and stopping to pick them up was not an option in my very, very oddly frazzled state of mind.  Oh yes, did I mention it was fairly late at night.  So I got sprinting out of the house with no shoes on and off down the road.  I must of been quite a site as I went running by people's houses.  "What the hell is that crazy white kid doing now?"

I went up to a temple and just sat, and enjoyed the quiet for a while.  Then I heard the distinctive sound of a motorcycle, and saw that one of the people staying at my house and my host dad had gone out looking for me.  So I walked back.

Boy, that was emabarrassing.  Why did I get so invested in this person's problem?  It really makes no difference to me if she can use the internet or not, right?  Well, whatever.  They all think I am totally crazy now, and are very leery of talking to me about their phones.  At the time, it wasn't funny, but shortly after I just started laughing to myself about how silly I must have looked.

1 comment:

  1. o fleuxsief, this made me laugh. At least you have the sense to leave when you are feeling a bit hyphy. of course leaving may be a bit trickier on a fishy boat...

    ReplyDelete