Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Garden on July 30th

I have some new pictures of my garden taken on July 30th.  I did manage to get the fencing, and put it up.  Stretching it between posts proved pretty difficult so it is not as taut as I would like, but it will do the job of keeping goats, chickens, and children out.  Many of vegetables are doing well.  One variety of my beans is under serious attack from some sort of bug.  I used some non-chemical pesticide, and bought chemicals in case it doesn't work.  My pumpkins are also pretty sad, and all the other plants have mild bugs but I'll start applying some sort of pesticide regularly to keep them under control.  I have a recipe to make a pesticide using local plants which I've made once, but I need to stay more on top of making it for it to be effective.
 
 
On a side note, my room is starting to develop some serious mold issues... my backpack is covered in it.

 
My garden with the fence.

Tbe perimter of garden has berms which I have planted with cauliflower, cabbage, tomatoes, strawberries, and one rosemary plant.  I weeded the berm after this picture was taken.

Tomatoes and cucumbers. I built a lattice for the cucumbers which may have to be expanded, and support for the tomatoes.  These are in the bed that many, many peope repeatedly informed me that nothing would ever grow due to the nearby tree.  The strawberry berm is on the leftside of the picture.

Cauliflower and cabbage.  The smaller ones are from my nursery which was started several weeks after the big ones which I got from a different nursery.

Leafy greens (mustard greens, lettuce), and tomatoes.  I was able to pick some of the mustard greens on the 30th.  The lettuce is also being eaten by bugs.

Corn and pumpkins

Carrots and beans.  I was able to pick quite a few beans on the 30th with more soon on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment